Friday, July 25, 2008

Women in saris

July 25th Friday: 5:13 pm


I went out for a walk this afternoon. I seem to have a case of the blahs and am just tired. "Could be the heat, or maybe it's fleas!" as the song in West Side Story sang. Well I don't have fleas, but I'm finding the heat very heavy especially after our island cruising where, on some mornings, I wore my long-sleeve Red Sox shirt. And life in a big city is "big." I will try to get to the museums and mosque and those things should be interesting. People are certainly very friendly here and quite energetic, more like China than Olongapo. Funny, that I'm always ready to leave somewhere, and then miss it. Hmmm


Anyway, I just walked around the hotels here in the Sutera Harbor complex; but I took my camera. I was really glad I did so I could capture this group of young women. I don't know why I didn't talk with them more; I felt like I was interrupting and they seemed hesitant in English. Now I wish I had found out more about them. Maybe I will see them again.

No comments: